Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One Down A Few Million To Go

Remember when after the 2004 election hundreds if not thousands of liberals said they were going to leave the country? Well, I've found one that really is leaving.

Having been a Sacramentan for 42 years, I've seen the old hometown undergo a change or two. Raised in Land Park and then afterward spending much of my (alleged) adult life in Curtis Park, I've been a downtown resident since March 2005, four easy blocks from work.

I love it here. Downtown Sacramento, chock full o' writers, musicians and artists of all sorts, has a wonderful creative energy, a buzz one can acutely experience on a Second Saturday or while digging a rich music scene. Additionally, new quality restaurants open regularly (some even sans pretentious valet parking), finely crafted Victorians abound and, of course, who doesn't thrill at our famous trees? Great weather, lots of parks, two rivers … the list is extensive.

As I've been out and about in recent months, thoroughly enjoying this thoroughly livable place, I've been struck frequently by this thought: There's never been a better time to reside right here in River City.

Which is why it'll be even harder to leave it come April.

That's when I move, permanently, into my new house in Costa Rica. Despite Sacramento's myriad seductive attributes, the one thing I cannot abide about it is that, unfortunately, it is still part of the United States, and I decided almost three years ago that I could no longer live in a war-loving nation whose government is run by corporations.

Call me kooky, but I'm afraid I've just never been all that fond of fascism

Do you think these far left wing fanatical nut jobs even know what "fascism" means? If we were this kook would have been thrown in jail for writing this tripe. All I can say is don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out! Oh, and good riddins to bad rubbish!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8U76PK82&show_article=1

Can we question their patriotism yet?

January 16, 2008 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good riddance is exactly right! He's no better than a gutter rat.
This person deserves no place in our American society. I hope anyone else who shares his sentiments gets the hell out of our country.

January 17, 2008 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy, where does this dumbass think the military comes from that protects Costa Rica??????????????

January 17, 2008 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell that unhinged dweeb not to let the door hit him on the ass on the way out. We don't need or want him here. Wait until he has lived in that crappy thing known as the third world for a year or so, if he is still alive.

And I am glad I won't have to be in the MEU that comes to save his ass when they want to waste him.

January 17, 2008 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good bye, good riddance, one less pervert here. Hope more people just like him follow and stay away.
We don't need the likes of such as that n this country.

January 18, 2008 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home