Sunday, March 09, 2008

How Democrats Treat Their Employees

What happens when democrats can't afford the crippling insurance rates and taxes which they instituted for their employees? They fire them or don't bother paying the insurance at all.

Mr. Dayton, a Minnesota Democrat and heir to a department store fortune, at first argued that the Constitution's Speech or Debate Clause protected him from the lawsuit by a former staffer who alleged he was fired because he suffered from a heart condition.

Not to be outdone:

DFL Senate candidate Al Franken owes a $25,000 penalty to the New York State Workers' Compensation Board for failing to carry workers' compensation insurance for employees of his namesake corporation from 2002 to 2005, state officials said.

New York officials have made numerous attempts to contact Franken about the matter since April 2005 but have gotten no reply.


Owning my own business I have first hand knowledge of how devastating the costs of insurance and taxes are. I would love to grow my business but most if not all of my profits go to the government. Which brings up my biggest pet peeve. Why is it that I have to match my employees taxes? Who even thought of doing something so absurd? Can someone explain the thought process? I mean, when all my employees pay their taxes (including me) the amount is $4,000 buy my tax bill is also $4,000. The raping of small businesses will be the downfall of our economy. It won't be minimum wage increases (although that will add to the raping) or "tax cuts for the rich." It will be the destruction of small businesses everywhere.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need a total overhaul of the system. We also need to have affordable health insurance for each and every American. It's not right for the government to take advantage of small business owners and it's not right for the government to deny any American affordable health plans.

March 11, 2008 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Business has always been just that, Big Business. And it offers so much to the politicinas that they cannot possibly consider the plight of small business owners, nor do they care. We have been governed by Big Business far too long. However, the small business owners are keeping this country alive and well, that is to date, perhaps if we write our senators and house representatives, we could get something changed. I write and email both my senators and house representative very often, next time I will send a message about small business.

March 11, 2008 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor man always gets the short end of the stick.

March 17, 2008 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every business needs insurance, the government and insurance companies do no make it easy for small businesses to operate.

March 18, 2008 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home