Saturday, May 13, 2006

Memories

Here are some pictures of my old bar in Illinois that I owned for 13.5 years.
Nelson, who has been a great friend for over a decade and one of the bartenders Dawn. Mark is the guy in the background, he's the one who bought the bar from me.
Back room, off to the right is the juke box. Oh, if that pool table could talk. :)
Dawn again and Melissa an old friend.

So many emotions filled me up when I walked back in for the first time since selling it. A bit of sadness as I first sat down but that soon turned to relief when the same old customers began bitching and complaining about the same things that they've complained about for the last 13 years. In just a few minutes I thought about all the bartenders who worked for me, all the girlfriends I had, the fact that for 13 years we were open EVERY DAY, the 8 different places I lived in those 13 years, and finally how very glad I am that that part of my life is over. If there was ever a person who was ready for a change it was me! I will miss a few of the people but that's it. I'm where I want to be for the second half of my life. (if I'm lucky enough to live that long.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your old bar looks nice. You sound so happy about where you are now. May the last half of your life be all that you could ever wish for. Lee

May 14, 2006 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home