Monday, September 11, 2006

It's Just Not Significant

As I've been perusing the internet just about every site asks it's readers to comment on what they were doing and thinking on September 11th 2001. Especially what they were doing when they found out that the first airplane had hit the World Trade Center. I thought about telling my story a few times but concluded that it's so insignificant and I won't indulge in something so trivial.

The one thing I'd like to say before this day comes to a close is thank you. Thank you to all those who volunteered to serve this great country. To the Marines, to the Army, to the Air Force, to the Navy, and to the Coast Guard, you have my deepest appreciation and my prayers will always be with you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said it all very well. On 9-11 our great heroes were the first responders: firemen, medics, policemen - many lost their lives while working to save the ones inside the burning building. God bless them all. We are fortunate to have so many dedicated public servants.

September 12, 2006 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember where I was and what I was doing on that horrible day. We should all remember the great heroes of 9/11. And, let us all pray that we never have a repeat of that fateful event. Many people take for granted that every day of their lives these wonderful people put their lives on the line all for the love of humanity. How many of us would have the courage these brave men and women have. They are serving their country as surely as if they were in a foreign country fighting a war. We should all pray for their safety each day. Today, next month, ten years from now....any day could be the day one of them will save our lives. God bless them for their courage and their love of their fellow man.

September 13, 2006 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home