Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Best Announcer In Sports Is Back!

Very few if anybody will care about this but it's important to me. I grew up a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan. Since home games were never on tv I listened to Pat Foley on the radio. Pat was one of the few announcers who did both tv and radio at the same time. He's the most knowledgeable and passionate announcer in any sport I have ever seen. After 25 years as the Hawk announcer he was fired by Bill Wirtz a few years back for supposedly criticizing the team and front office. To say the least this move outraged all of us fans. Well.....Mr. Wirtz died last November and his son Rocky has taken over. Since then Rocky has done his best to turn this once great franchise around. He signed good players, put home games back on tv, and brought back ostracized hall of famers like Stan Mikita, Bobby Hull, and Tony Esposito. For the first time in 15 years I'm excited about Blackhawk hockey again.

Now, for your viewing (and listening) pleasure here is Pat Foley calling a fight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The film and Pat Foley's voice brought back memories for me. I had a son who played hockey from age 5 thru 5th year of college. Ane while in college played two yearS semi-pro hockey. I thought perhaps he would be a professional player but he had other plans. Hockey is a sport I always enjoyed, especially watching my son who I thbought was the BEST.

June 17, 2008 8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When someone in public like an announcer is fired, it's bad because everyone knows about it.

June 24, 2008 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home