Thursday, February 04, 2010

Time On My Hands

It's been a long long time since I've posted anything. As of now I have plenty of time on my hands. I've sold my business and am in transition professionally. The state of North Carolina raised the sales tax 1%, doesn't sound like much but it cost me $800 or more a month. Then the Obama liquor tax kicked in, an astronomical 20% increase. Then the last straw was when the state enacted the no smoking law. The kicker is that if you're a bar that doesn't sell food you can still smoke. All in all I got a fair price, in fact more than I thought I would. Now I have time to do some blogging. So many things out there that need attention but are being ignored by the media.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see you are blogging again. You certainly have good news in that you "got a good price for the restaurant/bar". Please keep us posted on future events in your life. Good Luck in all you do!

February 11, 2010 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home