Monday, April 16, 2007

Virginia Tech Massacre

As most of us have heard by now some 32 people were killed on Virginia Tech campus this morning. Here is the last line from an op ed made by an associate vice president at Virginia Tech last August:

Guns don't belong in classrooms. They never will. Virginia Tech has a very sound policy preventing same.

Virginia Tech is a "gun free zone." Typically the gun grabbers are out in force. But anyone with any type of critical thinking skills knows that this "gun free zone" sure didn't work. What could have mitigated this tragedy? If concealed and carry permits were legal at the university. Since we know that criminals will always be able to get a gun does it make any sense that we leave the 99.9% law abiding citizens completely vulnerable to such an act? I'm curious, any of you leftists out there, how will stricter gun controls help to avoid such a tragedy? Like I said, the criminal will find a gun, all you have to do is see the murder rate in Washington D.C. which is also a "gun free city."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Linda said...

If we don't have to right to bear arms then we have no way to protect our lives and property.
The officials were too slow in letting the students know what was happening. There will probably be many law suits over this. All the schools should have a system to check each and every student, teacher, visitor, etc. that walks through the door. My heart goes out the all the students and their families. This was such a tragic event.

April 16, 2007 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Having transferred from Radford, my daughter has many friends at Tech...she and I are both on pins and needles waiting to hear from each and every one of them that they are OK. My heart goes out to all of the family members of these children.

April 16, 2007 7:50 PM  
Anonymous lee said...

Less than 1% of the population commits such heinous crimes. That leaves 99% vulnerable. What happened to the "right to bear arms"? It's morally wrong that we are in such a vulnerable state. How sad to learn about this tragedy, not only the students that were killed but their famiy members who trusted that their children, brothers, sisters, friends would be safe during the formal educational years. Hope new lessons will be learned from this tragic expericnce.

April 17, 2007 8:03 PM  
Anonymous blake said...

When will we wake up to the fact that we need the Second Amendment enforced? Many of these young people may be alive today if only we had the right to defend ourselves.

April 22, 2007 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home