Monday, June 23, 2008

R.I.P.



George Carlin was my favorite comedian. I even took a trip to Vegas for the sole purpose of seeing him at Balleys. I remember tipping the "waiter" or whatever you call the guy who seats you $10 bucks at each level until I got into the first row. "Football Baseball" is a classic! And the best skit EVER.......Dogs vs Cats

I choose to ignore the post 9-11 George Carlin because he turned into a raving left wing America hating piece of crap. I'll remember him as the comedic genius that he was.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Baseball/Football act. The way his voice is high when he talks about baseball and then low when he talks about football is done for a reason. Apparently there were more men than women in the audience because when he talks about football he gets more applause.

June 23, 2008 5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always liked George Carlin until he started his hate act, then didn't see much of him.

June 24, 2008 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also remember him in the earlier days of his career, but like you, I took offense at his vulgar ranting that came in his later years.

June 24, 2008 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He needs peace now - he must have been one tormented soul the last few years of his life. His language reflected that something was very wrong at the end of his career.

July 01, 2008 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home