Saturday, April 08, 2006

More Ridiculous Political Correctness

How did we let democrats get us to this point?

MAYNARD, Mass. -- A family in Maynard is outraged after their 5-year-old daughter was forced to write a letter denouncing hugging after a classmate embraced her.

NewsCenter 5's Amalia Barreda reported that Brenda Brier and Michael Marino pulled their daughter, Savannah, out of school early Wednesday. The couple was angry after a meeting with officials at the Greenmeadow Elementary School in Maynard, where Savannah is in kindergarten.

At issue is a hug Savannah said she got on the playground from a friend named Sophie. Savannah hugged Sophie back. The hugs resulted in Savannah having to write a letter, complete with teacher corrections, that read, "I touch Sophie because she touch me and I didn't like it because she was hugging me. I didn't like when she hugged me."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Linda said...

How sick can this be? A sweet innocent child hugging another and then it has to be turned into something dirty. Will they stop at nothing anymore? These kids are no more than babies.

April 09, 2006 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home