Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Those Damn Tax Cuts

Remember all those democrats whailing and screaming about how we were supposed to pay for those tax cuts? Once again its been answered.

US Treasury Sets New 1-Day Tax Receipt Record Of $85.8 Billion

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- The U.S. government recorded record-high overall and corporate tax receipts on Sept. 15, which was a quarterly deadline for tax payments, the Treasury said Monday.
Total tax receipts were $85.8 billion on Friday, compared with the previous one-day record of $71 billion on Sept. 15 of last year, the Treasury said.
Within the overall figure, corporate tax receipts Friday were $71.8 billion, up from $63 billion in September of last year.
Treasury Undersecretary for Domestic Finance Randal Quarles said Friday's numbers provided a "continuing demonstration of the strength of the U.S. economy."
"In fact, Friday's gross receipts were the largest in a single day in the nation's history - 20% higher than receipts on the same quarterly tax payment date last year," Quarles said in a statement.
-By Benton Ives-Halperin, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-9255; Benton.Ives-Halperin@dowjones.com a

As anyone who's passed economics 101 tax cuts pay for themselves time and time again.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see the tax receipts at a sizeable rate above what they have previously been - proof that the economy is improving.

September 19, 2006 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you're apparently the only one who will ever read this comment, I just have to ask - am I being censored because I made a solid point? If so, that's pretty lame, CJ.

You can respond to me here:

les@f2o.org

September 19, 2006 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to Monroe - cool place near Charlotte - Graduated from GHS & then State...

September 19, 2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger Capitalist Infidel said...

les, I've posted every comment you've made. A couple could have been a few days late due to me being out of town a couple of weeks ago.

September 19, 2006 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Les, I don't comment often on all the blogs I read, but I can assure you that I read all the comments on CJ's blog, including yours, so be assured your comments are read and I enjoy your insight at times.

September 20, 2006 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it was simply an honest goof, CJ. I'd made a couple comments a few weeks ago that never saw the light of day, and I thought I might have finally pissed you off beyond the point of no return. I hope that ain't so, cuz I love jawin' with ALL you conservative folks.

September 20, 2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger Capitalist Infidel said...

Les, I've posted every comment you've made. Being the liberal that you are my bet is that you did something wrong but refuse to admit it.

September 20, 2006 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Being the liberal that you are my bet is that you did something wrong but refuse to admit it."

Very funny.

Seriously, though - I think it's pretty tough to err when posting a comment on someone's blog, especially one I visit quite regularly.

The comments were from a couple weeks ago. In one, I revisited our Geneva argument from a while back, and the other was about branding people as anti-American. They were, quite simply, the most brilliant comments in the history of the blogosphere. It's a tragedy they're lost. ;-)

September 22, 2006 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gross receipts were the largest in the history of the nation. What more proof do they need?

September 22, 2006 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home