Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Why I love Dogs

There's just something about a man and his dog.

CATARACT, Wis. - Jason Schindler says he wouldn't be alive if it were not for his dog, Dude. The 27-year-old rural Cataract man said the 8-year-old mixed-breed hound jumped between him and an attacking black bear Thursday night, saving his life but giving up his own. The animal sustained at least 28 puncture wounds to his chest and neck, he said.

The story brought a tear to my eye. I thought about my dog Imus who died last summer, I'd even put the odds at 50/50 that he would have killed the bear......at 135 pounds he was as big as a bear.
On the other hand I think my new dog Raven would have saved my life but in a completely different way. She would have gotten between me and the bear just in the remote possibility that the bear would pet her.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures of Imus and Raven were beautiful. And yes, it's amazing what dogs can do and amazing that they have such a capacity for such unconditional love. It matters not to the dog what mood you are in. They love you happy or sad.

February 27, 2007 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most touching story of the day.

February 27, 2007 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sampson wants to know if he can have that picture of Raven for his wallet..since she is his girlfriend. And Sampson wants you to know that he would jump between the bear and Raven to save her life.

February 28, 2007 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have pictures of two really neat dogs. You are a most fortunate man.

March 10, 2007 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home